More cases of H5N1 bird flu were reported in poultry around the world this week, with at least five countries experiencing new or reoccurring outbreaks, according to headlines reported by APHA’s Get Ready news Twitter. The bird flu cases came as more and more countries work to come up with pandemic flu plans and as world health leaders struggle to reach common ground on virus sample sharing.
Among the week’s bird flu highlights reported by the Get Ready news Twitter are:
• South Korea reports new low pathogenic bird flu case
• Japan bans poultry from South Korea
• Myanmar reports fresh bird flu outbreak
• Another case of bird flu in Hong Kong
• Deadly bird flu found on Saudi poultry farm
• Bird flu found in market near Saudi capital
• Cull ends at bird flu-hit farms in UK
• UK bird flu poses no food safety risks, officials say
• UK poultry owners urged to register in fight against bird flu
For links to these and dozens of other news stories and resources, visit the Get Ready Twitter.
New information is posted each weekday, so check back regularly for updates, or sign up for our RSS feed. Our Twitter headlines can also be read on the Get Ready for Flu blog.