Friday, July 20, 2007
Happy birthday to the Get Ready campaign!
Join APHA in celebrating the first anniversary of our Get Ready campaign. During the past year, we’ve made big strides in our effort to increase the number of Americans who are prepared for pandemic flu or other emerging infectious diseases, including:
* posting more than 80 blog entries;
* producing five podcasts;
* creating a public-friendly Web site featuring materials to help people prepare;
* starting a Get Ready news Twitter for quick updates on pandemic flu and emerging infectious disease news stories;
* debuting our own designer collection, with T-shirts, mugs and other apparel proudly featuring the Get Ready logo; and
* participating in a pandemic flu blog and summit sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
We have lots more to come, including a song contest, more podcasts and public events -- so stay tuned!
We hope by helping Americans prepare for pandemic flu and other emerging infectious diseases, it will also strengthen their preparedness for other threats to their health and lives, such as hurricanes or terrorism.
To help us celebrate our birthday, tell a friend (or two) about the Get Ready campaign! Please leave us birthday wishes, questions or suggestions by using the blog's comment feature below.
Posted by Unknown at 12:02 PM