Pandemic flu and emerging infectious disease are a serious issue around the globe, according to news headlines reported this week by APHA’s Get Ready News Twitter.
Among the week’s highlights:
* South Africa tests first new TB vaccine in 80 years
* 35 dead of dengue in Vietnam, nearly 33,000 cases
* New bird flu outbreak in Southern Burma
* Bird flu strikes farm in Manipur, Northeast India
* Bird flu reemerges in Vietnam province
For links to these and dozens of other news stories and resources, visit the Get Ready Twitter. New information is posted each weekday, so check back often for updates.