What's Get Ready Day? It's a celebration and a reminder to take small steps to be a little more prepared for disasters and emergencies. Help your community, campus or workplace become prepared for emergencies or disasters by holding a Get Ready Day event!
Held each year on the third Tuesday in September, APHA's Get Ready Day is timed to coincide with National Preparedness Month. There are lots of ways to get involved:
- Sponsor a preparedness talk at your local senior center or hold a town hall.
- Set up a booth on campus, or pass out materials at your health department or workplace.
- Insert preparedness planning materials into your religious organization's bulletin, or post information on a bulletin board.
- Work with a local grocery store to promote preparedness and stockpiling to shoppers through displays or flyers.
- Offer a flu shot and/or COVID-19 vaccination clinic for your work, school or neighborhood.
Emergencies can be overwhelming, but preparing for them doesn't have to be. Whatever you do for Get Ready Day, spread the word and use the hashtag #GetReadyDay so we can see how you celebrate!